Cricut Imagine Best Friends Thankyou card (Close to My Heart Stamps & Martha Stewart Around the Page Punch)

 

Here's a quick card I got completed using the Best Friends cart for the Imagine, and some extra embellishments added.

List of supplies used:
Best Friends Cricut Imagine Art Cartridge
Close to My Heart stamp sets Thank You (D1361) & Cherish the Moment (D1421)
Martha Stewart Around the Page Punch set Ribbon Loop
Buttons from foof-a-La
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink
Dimensional Adhesive & Glue Dots
Recollections cardstock, pink and white


I love this image from the Best Friends cart, really cute! Would work well for a birthday or celebration card as well. This was printed on recollections white cardstock, this is what I have been using for my Imagine cuts and prints, and it seems to work really well, and its cheap.

Up close of the girl:



I have really been liking the Martha Stewart Around the Page punches. They work so well and add such a great element to projects. When I first punched I was gonna leave it be, but it looked really plain, even with the punched edge. I think because I used a flat color cardstock without anything behind it. So I decided to distress the edges.




While inking the edges I noticed it was creating a mask for the inside of the card. Not intentional, but I really liked how it looked. Will be doing this again. Sometimes mistakes or unintentional happening make the most creative things.

I added the buttons across the top because there was a gap where there were no embelishments. Ribbons or a sentiment would have worked there as well.


Been using a lot of stamps with my Imagine so far, which is great. The stamped images look good on the Imagine prints. My Thank you box is a little crocked, can't do everything perfect, lol.



Been making a lot of cards with the Imagine, next is to use in some scrapbook layouts. Currently working on a trip to Disneyland last year (I am behind) & also a baby gift album for a awesome coworker. Going to try to incorporate the Imagine somehow in the baby album. Nursery Tails would have been perfect but already started putting it together using Create-a-Critter. I'm sure I will have tons of opportunity to use that cart for other coworkers though. One girl pregnant now and I'm sure someone else will be expecting, that's what happens when you work with a bunch of married nurses, lol.

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to enter the blog giveaway. All you have to do is be a follower and post a comment under:



Comments

  1. Love love love your misting idea that looks fantastic when you open the card!!! Plus that little balloon girl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Card! I found your blog on two peas, if you have time I would love for you to check out mine: http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I really like your card.
    There are no mistakes in creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, a really nice card!! I'm starting to get jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment