Bam Pop Stamps: A set of fun videogame cards



Besides Close To My Heart, I love Bam Pop Stamps. They have the coolest, fun, and unique stamps! If you haven't checked them out you really should!



They take a lot of pop culture images and make them into a fun pop art/graphic art design. I recently got an email about their new fall stamps and remembered how much I adored this company! So I set forth to use a stamp I bought awhile ago, but haven't used yet. Plus I had some great videogame paper that went perfect with this Super Mario inspired robot.

Supplies used are:
Bam Pop Stamp: ABC's Jump (bp00412)
Generation Tech Stack from Die Cuts With a View
White cardstock
Primsacolor color pencils (various colors)
Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits 
Blending Stumps 
CTMH ink pads: Holiday Red & Crystal Blue
Memento Fade-resistant Dye Ink: Tuxedo Black
CTMH Foam Tape


I have used the color pencils before with gamsol and really like the way the coloring turns out. I wouldn't mind getting a set of Copic Markers, but they are just too pricey for me. I think this is a great and much cheaper alternative, and I think the end results come out relatively close. I have tried other black inks before to do the stamping with, but it always seemed when I tried to blend with the pencils and gamsol there would be some bleeding of the black color. The Memento ink pad is great, and I have had no issues with color bleeding, and it also dries really fast once you stamp the image.


I have watched many videos on You Tube about this technique, and there are a ton of great resources online, there are so many talented crafters and stampers out there. Basically I color heavy around the black lines of the image and then softer towards the center. Once done coloring, I use the gamsol with some paper stumps, and blend the colors in with small circular motions. It takes awhile, but the end result is awesome. On a side note, I was watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion on DVR while doing this, wow Danielle is truly crazy, lol!


Once color completed, I inked around the edges of the stamped images, adhered to card base with foam tape to give some extra dimension, and viola a really cool/trendy card.

Here's some pics of the cards and colored elements up close:










Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out Close To My Heart's new Idea Book, so many great products. And also don't forget to comment under the Sue Sylvester post, have a blog giveaway going on under that post, and will be drawing a winner by Labor Day.

Comments