Cricut Lite Hoot 'n' Holler Cartridge Helped Me Make Our Team Mascot


Quick little project I completed last night for work. I work as a nurse on a Urology floor in one of the big hospitals in NYC. There has been a lot of training and development going on as of late, and one part of building our team is that we needed to come up with a mascot for our floor. So Sunday we decided that an owl would be a perfect mascot. We started to look at images on the web, and I thought I have the perfect Cricut cartridge for this. The Cricut Lite Hoot 'n' Holler cart.



We looked at the sample sheet and these are the two owls everyone seemed to like the most. There are so many cute images and phrases for this cart. So I cut out one in yellow, the 5th owl on the right on the second row, and one out in red, the 1st owl in the seventh row.

Here are the individual pics




These were super simple to cut. I modified them a little using the Gyspy. So that instead of the swirls and flower that were in their chest I added our unit location, M5. I think this made it look really cute. I added a nurse cap from Everyday Paper Dolls to help with the nursing theme. I posted both of them in our conference room and there is a vote/ballot box to see which one will be selected as our mascot. (I prefer the yellow owl).

And by the way her name is Florence Hootinggale. We all thought this was hilarious, and the name stuck.


I found a video on YouTube by Provo Craft that gives a great visual overview of the Hoot 'n' Holler cart:



Thanks so much for stopping by, please leave some comments and follow if you like.

Comments

  1. I like the yellow one. The nurse's hat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow one is my favorite! These turned out so cute Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little nurses caps, they are too cute. At least you know with owls you have a ton to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment