Halloween Cards Using Happy Hauntings Cart for the Cricut (Also used Martha Stewart punches and Close to My Heart Stamps)


I got an unexpected day off today, I love Vdays. Chilled at home for the day. Did some school work, watched HSN, and got some Halloween cards done. And yes, I caved in an ordered a Cricut Imagine! I'm excited to get it and play with a new toy. I wonder if I will keep my Expression as a back up, or use it like a Cricut Cake, like I've seen others do with their expressions. I got one addition cart with it, Better Together. I really wanted the Kate's Kitchen or the Yummy cart, but by the time I decided to order the Imagine (around 12pm) most of the additional cartridges were sold out. I did get a pack of the printable vinyl though, excited to play around and make something with that.

So onto what I made today. Got some Halloween cards completed this evening. Four in total, using the Happy Hauntings carts. Here are the supplies I used:

Happy Hauntings cart for Cricut
Martha Stewart Around the page punches: Spiderwebs set & Ghost Set
Various cardstock from Recollections & DCWV
Die Cuts With A View Paper Stack: The Midnight Spell
Close to My Heart Foam Tape
Close to My Heart Stamp Set: D1319 Creepy Cobwebs (found here)


To get started I had to figure out the size card I wanted to make. I knew I wanted to use the punch around the page punches for the entire card. To make these work correct you have to use certain measurements, or the punches will not line up. There are some great vids on You Tube to show how the punches work but here is a link to the measurements the punches use from the Martha site:


These instructions not only show you the measurements needed but also how to punch the inside fold of the card. I don't think any other punches do this, and it makes the finish card look so much nicer and finished.

So I decided to make my card base 6.75inches by 5 inches (actual piece of paper used 6.75 inches X 10inches, fold in half to get the base). I punched the base of the card all around the edges, and then added another layer for the diecut to sit on. The size of this paper is 5.5 inches by 3.75 inches, and punched at the corners with the same design of the punch.

I cut the four different Happy Hauntings shapes at 4 inches on the Cricut and layered these according to the booklet instructions.

Here are the three other cards:




And here is the stamp sentiment:



More Halloween cards and projects to come in the future, I think Halloween is my favorite holiday, need to decorate my apartment soon! Thanks for stopping by, please follow and comment if you like. Also feel free to email with any question: Astoriacrafter@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Your Halloween cards are fantastic!

    Congrats on your Imagine! I'm so jealous! WAIT!!!! "Printable vinyl"??????? Ugh! Just another reason I NEED this machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwwwahhhah! We are partners in crime--I ordered mine last night! So glad I found you--I need another partner in crime!
    I'm now a follower of your blog--
    PS Beau you better get these spooky sweet cards on my challenge--you might win that Free Cricut cart! Go beau Go--hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Where did you get that stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the skeleton with the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those cards are just too cute! i just love halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Those are soooo cute;I just love the skeleton!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment