Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #4: BOO! Challenge...Cricut Halloween Card and Close to My Heart Clear Cards


There is a weekly challenge on the Cricut Circle blog to make a Halloween project with the Cricut and a transparent element. You have to use two different cuts to participate. I haven't used clear elements much in my crafting but remembered I had some great acrylic cards from Close to My Heart, and thought the Pumpkin Carving cart would work great for this.

Here are the supplies I used:

Pumpkin Carving Cart
Close to My Heart Clear Cards, scalloped circle
Close to My Heart Stamp set Beware (D1381)
StazOn Jet Black inkpad
Post-it Craft Paper

Front of card

I cut the bat and wolf circle icons at 3.5 inches. I cut them out on Post-It craft paper. And because this paper has repositionable adhesive on the back I was able to create a quick and easy stencil. Using this paper for stencils is great because it adheres down well and removes easily, giving crisp lines. 


Inside of card


Once I had the cut stuck down to the clear card, I used a dauber to paint on the StazOn ink. The ink dries fairly quick, and smells good, lol. Next I removed the cut/stencil and was left with a cool and crisp image.


Card standing up

Next I stamped the sentiments with the StazOn ink as well. This was a little tricky. It slid around on the card the first couple of times I tried, and looked really smudged. I was able to use a baby wipe right after I stamped and it wiped the ink off. I think you have to be quick though, or the stamped smudged image will stay. The best advice I can give about stamping on the acrylic is to be quick, and not press down on the stamp hard. I just kissed the stamp to the card quickly and then removed. That seemed to get the best results.

Pic with the flash, bright!

This was another fun challenge to do. And I am so happy, I entered all the weekly blog challenges and the monthly challenge for October. Hopefully I can keep my perfect record for the following months, lol.

Thanks for stopping by and please comment and follow if you like.

Comments