Girls Rule Card with Best Friends, Cricut Imagine, & Mini Clothespins


Here's my latest Cricut Imagine creation. I have been looking for mini clothespins for crafting projects for awhile and finally found them at AC Moore (I was looking in the wrong aisles). I am really liking this look, so cute. Wanna make a banner with the mini clothespins and use them on a scrapbook page.

All the cuts are from the Best Friends cartridge for the Cricut Imagine, including the patterned kite background. This cart is adorable. Love all the images. Sorry the pics aren't the clearest, my camera is on vacation at Disneyland, so my iPhone cam is what I got to use.


I cut the different cloths from the different characters on the cart using the layer feature, and cut them at Real-size 2inches. Printed the dresses (and the background paper) on Recollections white cardstock. Printed the base of the card using the scallop rectangle that's preloaded on the Imagine at 5inches and loaded the kite pattern on it.


I used some thin twine to hang the paper cloths using the clothespins. I was going to adhere the pins to the card but I liked how they can be moved across the twine, and the cloths look more free flowing. All I did was tape the twine to the back of the paper.


I printed the Girls Rule on Post-It Craft paper. It prints and cuts well in the Imagine. I didn't know if the letters were going to be cut individually or as a group before I cut the saying out. I didn't want to adhere the letters individually if it did, so I thought using the Post-It paper would work well because it is adhesive backed. Well the saying cut out together, so I ended up pop-dotting it to give it some extra dimension. I cut this layer at 1 1/2inches btw.




To make this into a card I was going to adhere it to a 5X7 inch card base, but I didn't like how the edge looked, I thought it took away from the scalloped edge of the rectangle. So I cut down the card so it wouldn't show. I didn't know if the card would stand alright by itself but it does.  



The picture above is how the card looks inside, but had to take a picture of it upside down to show it. Hope that makes since.

So another easy card using the Imagine. I really need to start making some scrapbook pages with it, lol. I am really getting behind on my photos. Still working on a Disneyland/California album from March of '09. And I have some more vacation/holiday pics to go from after that. I was caught up at one point but I don't know what happened, lol.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave comments and become a follower if you like.

Comments

Post a Comment