Tinkerbell Quinceanera Card using Cricut Imagine Printed Layers and Tinkerbell Cart


Here is one of my latest projects. I am so pleased the way this turned out. One of my guy's cowokers asked if I could make them a Tinkerbell Quinceanera card. I have the Tinkerbell and Friends Cricut Cart and was glad to have a project to use it again (only my second time). One issues I have with this cart is all the tiny intricate cuts. Sometimes these very layered carts seem impossible. This is where using the Imagine has such great possibilities. I was able to combine all the layers(different colored) and print it as one image. To see this step see the Lotso card I previously posted and it will give you my steps and the link to the blog that has all the details. The Cricut Craftroom was recently updated and from what I have read the ability to cut after printing combined layers no longer works correctly. So I printed this in the middle of the mat and used boarder punches to add some detail.

Closer detail
For this project I used:

DCWV White cardstock (that is what I printed the Tinkerbell image on)
DCWV Gliiter cardstock (scallop circle)
Bazzill Bling (card base)
Tinkerbell and Friends Cricut Cart
CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cart (scallop circle and circle shape)
CTMH mini alphabet stamp set (Atomic)
Stickles
Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page Set (??? the name of the set)


Fairy dust

Upclose of Tink

Upclose of stamping

When I picked the colors for Tinkerbell I just eyeballed it from the colors available in a couple of the Imagine palettes. I wasn't sure if it would work in the beginning and by the time I did know it would work I didn't have time to exactly match the colors, and I thought it looked pretty close anyways.

See top of card, didn't do all that well lining it up



Hopefully the Craftroom will have the ability to cut the layered print soon. But I like having this print only options as well. Thanks for stopping by and till next time....

Comments

  1. Very Cool! Wow, it really prints well that way, doesn't it. I haven't yet been able to get any of the Craft Room to work yet. Hopefully they will get everything updated soon. Thanks for sharing your trials with it. I am learning a lot and feel a lot better about using it when it's officially released.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment